Day 94 - if love was possible

Photo by Colin Lloyd on Unsplash

If love was possible

            on the day after Roe v Wade was overturned

 

This is one thing I know for sure

I could not go back

I could not live

Where I was not loved

 

By the people most responsible

For loving me

 

Mother

brother

 

It was my life

Or hers

 

Of course, there is no telling

Whether she would have been

A she

 

My first child was born

On my birthday

I remember thinking

I will never be

The main attraction again

But oh, how I love him

 

Now I am a mother

It is my responsibility

To love

 

We have a fighting chance

 

She was different

I was not able to

Share my life

With her

 

It would have killed

Even the possibility

I had of living

Much less loving

 

Which is all I had

At the time

 

I wanted to live

Even as I mourned the death

Of the only one who really

Loved me

 

Father

As cruel as he was

 

Then, I could not

be a mother

Even to myself

 

I could not

lose my one chance

To find out

If love was possible

Ever again

 

June 25, 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating a forum for discussion

100 days of dialogue!

Day 16 - Inspiration