Day 85 – The roof being redone and a burn

 

Day 85 – The roof being redone and a burn

 

Yesterday we had our roof re-done.  I was pretty amazed at the destruction that needed to take place in order to re-roof the house!  There were a few places where the roof was leaking – but it was clear that the whole roof (after 23 years) needed to be replaced.  Still, the whole roof needed to be taken off in order to replace it with a new roof!  That destruction took many hands and many hours, and I was pretty overwhelmed by the metaphor of needing to tear it all off to put on a new one.

 

I also am recovering from a burn on my arm – I burnt it by accidentally reaching over a steaming water kettle not recognizing I was to the stream of steam coming out of the kettle.  It only took a second for me to scorch my arm – the skin so thin in the place where I burnt it. 

 

Both of these events reminded me of the importance of letting go, of tearing down, and of the possibility of unintended harm that can happen in an instant. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating a forum for discussion

100 days of dialogue!

Day 16 - Inspiration