Day 70, 71, and 72 – Retreat

Day 70, 71, and 72 –

I’ve been a bit off the grid the past few days, except for doing some last edits on a chapter and on a commentary. I guess part of sabbatical is supposed to be rest and retreat. 

 

I’ve been by the coast of Maine.  It’s so beautiful, and I’m reminded that the rhythms of the tide just happen… that the rhythms of the moon, and the cycles of nature, and the variety of each living thing are all part of this world.

 

I’m an urbanite at heart but my formative years were spent by the ocean, in the city (out on the avenues of the Richmond district of San Francisco). I would walk to the ocean regularly in my teens and living out in the Richmond with the fog and the smell of the ocean always present I was never far from her.  I have a relationship with her that I must continue to nurture.  And so when I can, I vacation by the ocean, just to be reminded.

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating a forum for discussion

100 days of dialogue!

Day 16 - Inspiration