Day 53 and 54 – Arts activism and rest

 

Day 53 and 54 – This weekend I’ve been feeling completely zapped!  Not completely sure why I feel so tired, but I do.  In spite of my fatigue, I have still managed to see a few friends, and to get to the Boston Commons yesterday morning to the #Bans off our bodies rally. I wanted to show up!  I wanted to emphasize my concern for the Supreme Court’s upcoming decision regarding abortion rights.

 

And guess who I saw there – Mary Flannery, Founder of RAW Arts in Lynn, MA.  I shouldn’t have been surprised to see Mary and friends there with art as activism!! They even caught the attention of the Boston Globe! (Where I got the photo below).  I’m so inspired by her need to use art, and her creativity to make such a poignant image!

 

I had really hoped to write more this weekend, but alas – no energy.  Sometimes you just HAVE To rest.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating a forum for discussion

100 days of dialogue!

40th anniversary of the Lesley University Expressive Therapy Program - save the date!