Day 37 – Art is practice…


Day 37 – Art is practice…

 

Many years ago, I bought a book at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, called Art is… Each page offers a single word or phrase and a piece of art… for example, the first entry is “art is practice.”

 

 

Today I sat with a kid who likes to draw.  We drew.  We practiced – drawing, being together, thinking about broken hearts, having perspective, women’s loneliness, and feeling co
nfident.

 


It reminded me of a series of drawings I did of a “horse” in a session many years ago… In the end, I really liked one of the horses. Can you guess which one?  I also always feel as though I’m “practicing writing.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating a forum for discussion

100 days of dialogue!

40th anniversary of the Lesley University Expressive Therapy Program - save the date!