Sabbatical and research into Professional Identity and Expressive Arts Therapy


Hi everyone,

First off, let me say thank you again for all you do to help us make our specialization in Expressive Arts Therapy a wonderful opportunity for learning. For those of you who have taught during the past year - thank you! For those of you who have supervised during the past year - thank you! and for those of you who have been students in the program during the past year - thank you! We have the privilege of bringing ourselves, our creativity, and our love for the arts into relationship with others and there is so much need in the world for the work of relationship and Poiesis!

As many of you know I will be on sabbatical during the 2014-2015 academic year doing research on professional identity for Expressive Arts Therapists (today was my last day, and I return July 1, 2015). While I am out Angelica Pinna-Perez will be stepping in to coordinate the Expressive Arts Therapy specialization. Angelica has been a wonderful addition to the Expressive Arts Therapy faculty during this past year and she will bring her particular and varied interests in such topics as Cross-Cultural Therapeutic Performance, Community Arts, Vicarious Trauma and Countertransference in Clinical Practice to her role as interim Coordinator. From Angelica:

I wanted to take this opportunity to formally introduce myself ( reintroduce myself).  I am available as needed – please do not hesitate to reach out to me should you have (any or all  of the following) curiosities, concerns and things to celebrate! I look forward to a fruitful collaboration this year!

Because my research includes several aspects of post-graduate practice of Expressive Arts Therapy you will likely hear from me throughout this year! I hope to be in touch in various ways to explore what it is we do once we're out there in "the field." It was great to see many of you today at the Expressive Therapies in Training: Practice and Pedagogy conference. I was inspired once again by the work we do, the risks our clients take, and the love we share as clinicians and clients, teachers and students, as we navigate the human experience together.

Have a great year!
Karen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 16 - Inspiration

Creating a forum for discussion

40th anniversary of the Lesley University Expressive Therapy Program - save the date!